Saturday, June 04, 2011

Manapunk


I would like to recommend to everyone my brother Jeremy and his wife Jenn's new venture. They have created a fresh, new world for pencil-and-paper role playing. I haven't done any pen and paper gaming in a while, but I did cut my teeth on Dungeons and Dragons, and their new project might just make me come out of retirement, as it were. to quote from the website:

Mana Punk is the fantasy role-playing game with a steam-punk twist! Create your own troll warrior with a steam powered mechanical arm to help drive their weapon swings, or be a spell slinging mage capable of commanding the very elements themselves!

This is a project he has been working on for a long time, and it has finally come to fruition. Manapunk is now available from a variety of sources, including lulu.com in either PDF or hardcopy, and will shortly be available from Amazon, and hopefully in your local gaming store. Also, Manapunk can be played with just a six-sided die, so no carrying around a huge bag full of weird dice around like a geek - not that there's anything wrong with that :)

No comments: